Monday, March 29, 2010

Well.

Sometimes there are just no words.

I love language.

I love to read. I love to write.

I love to tell stories. I love to hear stories.

I love to ponder and contemplate and wonder.

I chose to be an English major based solely on the fact that I’m endlessly fascinated by words and their meanings, how we can twist them and manipulate them and string them together to create something beautiful and meaningful. What incredible power a simple word can have! A few letters combined in the right sequence can lift a person up or strike him down, change his life for the better or completely destroy him. Our most precious traditions have been passed down and recorded by voice and pen; the stories that make us who we are are composed of words that echo in our very souls.

The tragedy of it all is that words fall short when they’re needed most. At the moment I want to harness the power I know them to have, I realize that all of it dwarfs in comparison to the idea I wish to convey.

So, I can’t tell you exactly how I met God today. Just know that He’s here, and He’s really lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment